NEW Posts...click the links...

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Clear Lake California is one of the best fisheries in the country! WON Bass and FLW back-to-back tournaments

Photos by Bill Mays: Courtesy of WON Bass
What an awesome day one at the WON Bass Clear Lake tournament. My 1st day draw was Chris Gilkison. Every fish we caught was 4 lbs or bigger. Anytime you can throw back 4 1/2 pounders makes for a great day on the water. Every fish we weighed in was 5 1/2 - 7 1/2 lbs. Our total for the day was 30.60 lbs!

We dropshotted 6-7" Roboworms, the Folkestad Special. We also fished 5" GYM Senkos, watermelon color, and a 6" swimbait.

Day 2 I drew Tom Ochoa, we had a great day. We caught a lot of 3-4 1/2 pounders. We just could not get the bigger bites. We wound up with almost 20 lbs. The fish came on the same baits as day 1. Clear Lake has got to be one of the best lakes in the US. When you catch 50 lbs of fish and can't win...that's some AWESOME fishing!

I'd like to congratulate Pro Ron Tobey and congrats to my good friend Co-angler Allen Todd for their win at Clear Lake. Great job guys! Also, congrats to Co-angler Dave Nelson who achieved the Angler of the Year title for the North Division. I feel fortunate I was able to secure the Angler of the Year in the North. It's really special to me coming out on top in the North when fishing against the great northern anglers.


FLW...what a loser tournament for me! Wound up fishing swimbaits the whole tournament. Just couldn't get it going. Bad choices. Catching 7 fish, weight about 24 lbs.

Congrats to my good friends Pro Mike Tuck for his 1st place win and to Pro Joe Uribe for 2nd place, and Pro Richard Dobyns for wrapping up the prestigious Anlger of the Year Title. Also, congrats to Co-angler champion Chad Leblanc and my good friend Lester Albury for the prestigious Co-angler Angler of the Year Title.

3 comments:

Helo - MD said...

Mike, Great job!

Wish I could have fished up there with you'all, I love that lake..

Gary Freeman

Anonymous said...

How do you do it! At your age and you are KICK'n butt through the year! You sure give these young guns a run for their money! Great job!

Unknown said...

I still can't believe seeing those fish come out of that livewell on day 1. Gary Dobyns and I both looked at each other and said if that aint a 30 lb bag you are crazy!!! Great job Mikey!! You da Man!!!