NEW Posts...click the links...

Saturday, May 1, 2010

FLW Stren - Lake Oroville, CA

May 2009

To read details about my prefish with Chris Ricci and Tami Curtis go to tamicurtis.net



As far as the tournament goes, I drew Eric Norlin of Norco, CA.  He was a good co-angler.  We were 70th boat out.  When we arrived at my starting area, I caught 2 fish that were 1 lb and 3/4 oz..  We continued to bounce around from area to area, catching the same size fish from 1 lb and 1/4 to 1 lb and 1/2 ending up with a total weight of 8 lb 12 oz.  Eric wound up with a total of 7 lbs, 

We used drop shot, robo worms, Senko, Flick Shake, and darterhead GYM grub.

The second day my co-angler was Ron Rodgers of Willows, CA.   Ron and I have fished together before.  We are good friends, and he always gives me a $10 discount at BlackBear Diner, which I always look forward to eating there.

Also Ron is a great co-angler, he knows the northern lakes well.  We worked together moving from area to area trying to upgrade our limits.  We decided to run north and fish the west and north branch.  We wound up upgrading our limits.  On our way back to the weigh-in, we had 5 minutes left and stopped at the meat wall.  I caught one 13" and Ron caught a 1 lb and 3/4, he was able to cull up. 

Our fish were caught on GYM senkos, drop shot Roboworms, and darterhead grubs, fishing steep walls and lay downs.  We both wound up with 8 lbs even.  Ron finished in 22nd place taking home a paycheck.  I fell to 38th.

The next day I took out Steve and Ken of Davis UC, to fish the college tournament.   They caught about 30 keepers, they took their best 6 to the scales weighing a total of 9 lbs 7 oz good enough for 4th place.  Their fish were caught on darthead GYM grubs and dropshot crosstail shad.

Congratulations to Steve and Ken.  See you at the Delta.

No comments: